P2P: Exploring Australia

Communication site for Delegation Leaders, Ambassador candidates and families.

1/21/2007

Why Should We Adopt the Animal You Choose?


Hi everyone! For one portion of your February assignment you must earn $1.00 to bring to the next Orientation Meeting to put toward our Australian Animal Adoption! (Could this have anything to do with "animal conservation"? Hmmmmmm?


Click "comment" below and leave your reason for adopting the animal you have chosen! You can view the animals at the Australia Zoo link to the right. As you can see, Susan is partial to the emus!


17 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should choose Matilda the kolala. Kolalas are cute yet fierce. She has a baby now and is soooo cute. I hope we can adopt her.

    Kali

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should choose Prickles the echidna because he is so cute. he is an animal that we usually don't see in the U.S. He is different from all the other animals.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should adopt Bunji the Tasmanian Devil because they are in danger of extinction within the next fifty years. Besides, I think they're cute.

    Megan

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should adopt Sabu the elephant because we should feed him, give him some water and he might give us a ride.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think all the animals deserve to be adopted. But I would choose Leno the koala because he's cute and gentle.


    Drew Romer

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should choose Tara, the kangaroo, because she is so pretty and she looks very loving too! I also think that Ranu, the bengal tiger is gorgeous! Drew, I agree with you that Leno, the koala, is really cute and seems very gentle!

    Jordan Cognion

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it has something to do with conservation because we are adopting an animal that might have been found in the wild. Maybe we should adopt an animal named in aboriginese. Like Kiah (hint,hint she's also a dingo)which means 'from the beautiful place'

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brandon Rhea

    I think we should adopt Maya the Pariot because most pariots are endangered though i think we should not only pick one all animals should be adopted or realesed

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lindsey Ames

    I think we should adopt Ivory the "grey" kangaroo. She has a genetic trait called leucism, which is a gene missing in her DNA which makes her fur white instead of grey. She is only 1 in 10,000 who has this trait. She is also only 9 months old, she is still a baby and needs extra special care.

    lindsey ames

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should choose Annie, the Red-necked Wallaby. Her mom died and she is one of the favorite animals of the zookeepers. She looks like she would be nice to visit and she would let us pet her.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should adopt Amelio the raptor becuase Amelio looks cool and that he might do some tricks for us if he knows any.



    Killian Gutierrez

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the animal that we should adopt is Prickles the Echidna. the Echidna is 1 of the 2 species of egg laying mammals in the world. The Echidna's whole body is cover with quills. the Echidna's snout is 7 - 8cm long. Prickles is diagnosed with chlamydia which gave her permanent eye damage. Her eye damage enables her to be released into the wild. If you choose to adopt Prickles the 50 dollars will help with her disease.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should choose Elle the red kangaroo. Her mom died, so she had to be hand-raised. She is the oldest kangaroo. She is estimated to be 15 years old. She is a favorite of many keepers.

    Monica Wasilewski

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Which species?
    Tiger
    I believe that we should adopt a tiger. This is because they are threatened with extinction. I also like big cats such as lions and ti-gers. Tigers threatened with extin-ction because of loss of habitat and poaching. In my opinion, tigers should be protected--not poached. I don't see how, but apparently poaching is a big industry. It is illegal, and there is even a ban on tiger products in Asia. That is why I believe we should adopt a tiger.
    Which one?
    Khan
    The specific tiger I believe we
    should adopt is Khan. He is one of two bengal tiger cubs in the Austr-alia Zoo. Khan likes playing in the water. In the water, Khan likes playing with toys and his handlers. During his afternoon nap, Khan is the first to wake up. He is also the one to wake the others up. Khan likes his handlers to keep him company.
    Khan likes kisses and cuddles. He tests his handlers' limitations.
    This tiger also keeps his his hand-
    lers on the ball. He has a short attention span, and likes to relax. All of this is why we should adopt Khan.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Brendon Schrock said…

    I think we should adopt Teela the camel. This poor girl was a newborn baby with the placenta still around her neck when her mom left her alone in the wilds of Western Queensland. The mom was probably driven off by a male camel. Luckily a park ranger found her overhead by a helicopter.
    This may seem silly but Teela and I both have something in common... We both like apples, carrots and ice cream cones filled with camel pellets. I don't like camel pellets in my ice cream cone.LOL.

    Brendon Schrock

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think we should adopt
    1.Dingo-Kiah
    2.Cheetah-Cleo
    3.Kolala-Matilda

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great info to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home